The Circolo Pugliese is one of the many Società di Danza local sections, existing both in Italy and abroad.
It adheres to the principles set out in the Manifesto of the National Federation directed by Fabio Mòllica.
Società di Danza has been operating in Puglia since 2002 and was established as Circolo Pugliese in 2006.
The art director is Assunta Fanuli, costume designer and choreographer, teacher of the Società di Danza in the annual training sessions (Easter seminars, summer school).
The Board of Directors is composed of Assunta Fanuli (President), Davide Zecca (Vice President), Danilo Sava, Loredana De Vitis, Marcella Mattia.
The activities of the Association are as follows:
- regular classes of nineteenth-century and Scottish traditional dances
- historical dance workshops for children and teenagers (6-9, 10-13, 14-17 years)
- historical dance workshops for the elderly
- theoretical & practical seminars of historical dances from the fifteenth to the nineteenth century
- research and dissemination
- reconstruction of nineteenth-century costume grand balls in historical buildings, theatres and squares
- organization of dancing tea parties
- multidisciplinary meetings with schools of different types and levels
- show conferences: the art of dancing from Mozart to Strauss
- Entertainment show: The dancing costume
- theoretical-practical seminars and workshops on the History of Costume